What is the difference between sports and deep tissue massage? 14 Mar 2019
Deep tissue is a very descriptive name and is self-explanatory. The confusion comes when it is compared to sports massage. The big difference is the focus.
Sports massage is dedicated to
The reasons for booking a sports massage are:
- improving sports performance
- prevention of and treating sports injuries
Deep Tissue massage is a problem solving massage for everyone.
The reasons for booking a deep tissue massage are:
- You work out religiously, but aren't as relgious about stretching
- You cycle or run to work and don't think to stretch
- You play sports but don't cross train so have specific trouble spots
- Your performance (in a particular sport) has dropped
- You have a history of injuries and want to reduce the likely hood of further injuries
To book a treatment click here.
- You work at a computer all day and your neck, shoulders & back are chronically sore
- You are so tense your back feels like concrete
- You have tired achy legs
- You are in pain
- You are stiff (or are unable to move your neck/arm/leg freely)
- You are stressed or anxious
- You have a knot or a muscle spasm