Top tips for preventing sports injuries 29 Jun 2020
Many sports injuries occur because people don't know how to prevent them. Here are some tips to help prevent injuries:
Remember if you do get injured Vitality Therapy offers sports massage to help you recover.
- Always wear the correct gear. Players should always wear appropriate and properly fitted protective sports gear such as pads (neck, shoulder, elbow, chest, knee, shin), helmets, mouthpieces, face guards, protective cups, and/or eye wear.
- Increase muscle strength.
- Increase flexibility. Stretch!
- Use the proper technique.
- Take rests.
- Follow the rules of your sport and play safe.
- Stop the activity if there is pain.
- Keep hydrated.