Do you go home being mentally exhausted but physically full of beans? 27 Apr 2020I know when I worked in IT I would often leave the office mentally very tired and depending upon how trying the day had been somtimes I was just mentally exhausted but often I was not physically tired. The simplest solution to this conundrum is to go down the gym and burn of the excess physical energy and going to the gym also helps to switch off from work. However there are times when we are injured or feeling run down when this is not possible, so then what can you do? Recently I have seen a few people in clinic who are in this situation. This means they are stuggling to switch off from work and relax. So I wanted to share a few tips on how to handle this if it happens to you. Depending upon the injury you can:
- Start taking the stairs at work - even if you can't walk up all the flights of stairs for example if you are based on the top floor, you can walk up some flights and take the lift for the rest.
- Go swimming instead of going to the gym.
- Get of the train or tube one stop earlier and walk the rest of the way (this obviously depends upon your commute).
- Go for a walk in park or any type of greenery.
- A lot of museams in London have a late night opening, so why not go walk around a museam.
- If you have a garden, do some gardening.